Sunday 11 November 2012

Beating Pepsi Max



Until recently I drank around 1 - 2 litres of Pepsi Max per DAY! I drank it all through my weight loss in place of water (this I don't recommend) and I loved it!  And then I read a book called 'Skinny Bitch' which is written I think by a couple of girls who are complete vegans.  While I tried a couple of their suggestions such as cutting out meat, switching from regular milk to soy etc I wasn't able to, or didn't want to do these long term.  However I read a lot in their book about the dangers of Aspartame; which is basically artificial sweetener.  I haven't had any Pepsi Max since! That was probably well over 2 months ago, maybe even 3?  Do I miss it?  Not at all.  

A lot of people get addicted to Diet Coke and Pepsi Max, and they think they're doing the 'right' thing because it's a diet soft drink, but the Aspartame is actually worse for you than sugar is!  These days if I desperately want soft drink I'll share a small glass of regular Coke with my husband.

Aspartame over consumption has been linked to a number of things, not the least brain tumours, but also depression and anxiety!  

I also have a bowel disease called Crohn's Disease which is pretty much where I have bouts of diarreah.  It can be moderate to severe severe, and it's triggered by stress, anxiety, different foods etc.  Too much Aspartame is really bad for it!  

I now drink a lot more water than I ever did, if I get bored with water I put in a tiny dash of cordial to change the taste, but this is one addiction I'm over for good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment